A Tale of 2 Brunches

Rachel's Lookbook + P.S. I'm from the Midwest

As I’ve mentioned before, I love my girlfriends and am frequently including them in posts as they are such a huge part of my life, time, inspiration, opinions on Housewives cast members, etc. So I was thrilled when I came across Rachel’s Lookbook, and had an immediate girl-crush on Rachel and her down-to-earth, adorable blog. 

Rachel is a blogger in my home state, Minnesota, and after a few emails we quickly figured out she is dating one of my high school classmates – I was (and still am) so excited about this knowing fate and Sauk Rapids-Rice HS brought us together.

The two of us decided to A. be friends! B. Collaborate on a post that shares our favorite local brunch spot and our favorite brunch-wear. I need zero excuses to dress up for pancakes I don’t make myself, and was very excited to work with Rachel (and have a new Midwestern girlfriend!)
Rachel had a hard time choosing the perfect spot in Minneapolis (runners up include Cowboy Jacks and Loring Kitchen) and went with the Lowry in Uptown. I decided on a restaurant famously loved by Queen Bey, Buttermilk Channel, located in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn.

In Minnesota it was one of the first extremely hot, humid days, so Rachel opted for a sailboat-print dress and strappy wedge sandals. I decided on all-white with my new comfy leopard sneakers so I could burn off syrup calories during an after-brunch stroll.

Here are the details of what we wore and ate, and of course where to buy. Delicious all around, am I right?

Buttermilk Channel in Brooklyn, NY

Dress // Forever 21, Jacket // Gap, Shoes // C. Wonder, Hat // J. Crew, Sunglasses // Anthropologie
Grilled Cheese for Breakfast
Dessert (aka Pecan French toast) for Breakfast


The Lowry in Minneapolis, MN
Dress, c/o Fashionologie  (Similar & EXACT print in a blouse) // Tote, JustFab // Sandals, JustFab // Sunglasses, Target // Bracelet, Lia Sophia (Similar)
Rachel recommends the veggie hash as tops, but said the steak salad and strawberry waffles were (obviously) delish.



 P.S. Rachel and I will be meeting in mid-June in Minnesota for coffee (or a cocktail) which we’ll be sure to chronicle on her Instagram account and mine.











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts